poseDeformer plugin compiled for maya2010-x64 win

david | animation,dj mod,mel script | Saturday, August 15th, 2009

We upgraded to maya 2010 this week so I have recompiled my 2nd favourite plugin - Michael Comet's poseDeformer. This is the windows x64 version. (x86 coming soon)

I added it to poseDeformer.rar on the Downloads Page.

Update 2 Oct 2009: Added maya2010 win32 (x86) compile to the download.

1. Hey Dave:
    I don't post a thanks everytime I read your blog, but consider this a thanks for all your sharing.
    On a previous post you mentioned Notepad++ as your favorite editor. I took a look at their page and it looks like they don't have syntax hiliting for Mel. Every geek has their own favorite text editor - I've been using Edit Plus for years. There is an old .mel syntax add-on which still works fine. You might want to check it out at EditPlus.com.
    Lately, I've been using Maxya, which is quite brilliant and efficient. It is a very good text editor w/syntax hiliting and it can talk directly to Maya - an incredibly useful feature. The development cycle is proceeding rapidly, but there are some persistent bugs that one has to be willing to endure - definitely worth the price and effort so far...
    Thanks again.

Comment by PixL — August 15, 2009 @ 1:53 am

2. Nice to hear from you PixL. I downloaded a mel syntax highlighting addon for notepad++ from highend3d. I ended up modifying it a bit because I didnt like some of the colors and there was a bug affecting the display of long lines with multiple quotes and back slashes. I've used it for quite a while so I guess I just got used to it. I'll have a look at EditPlus, but I suspect old habits die hard.
    Thanks for dropping by.

Comment by david — August 15, 2009 @ 1:37 am

3. whats your first favourite plugin? :)

Comment by matt — August 18, 2009 @ 7:02 pm

4. Hey matt. Favourite plugin is dRaster;s NEX. It's not currently available for 2010, which is why I had been thinking about it. Each time we upgrade there is this awful feeling that an essential plugin may no longer be supported. I've been using NEX for a few years so I'd forgotten how bad maya was without it - actually, it's not as bad as it used to be, but NEX is pretty awesome when it comes to workflow and poly modelling. Maya may have the tools, but without NEX everything takes longer.

Comment by david — August 18, 2009 @ 7:27 pm

5. there is a python version of the PoseReader plugin in http://www.rtrowbridge.com/blog/downloads/

Comment by eoyilmaz — January 30, 2010 @ 5:51 pm

6. Have you used it? How does it compare to Comet's plugin? Same speed? How do you create the poseShapes in this case?

Comment by david — February 1, 2010 @ 9:41 pm